The Cornell Hockey Association is a community and University organization established in 1961 as the Ithaca Hockey Boosters Association to promote and assist ice hockey at all levels in the greater Ithaca area. Now 59 years later, the CHA continues that mission supporting the activities of the Men’s Hockey Program at Cornell University.
If you have suggestions for the site, please contact us and help us improve your experience.
Follow us on social media
Cornell Hockey Updates
Here are the latest stories from Cornell Athletics to keep you informed.
- Alex Green signs with Tampa Bay Lightning – September 9, 2020
- Coach Schafer on the passing of John Hughes ’70 – August 18, 2020
- Colin Greening ’10 selected for induction into the Cornell University Class of 2020 Athletics Hall of Fame – August 17, 2020
- Barron Signs With New York Rangers – July 31, 2020
- Ivy League Outlines Intercollegiate Athletics Plans; No Competition In Fall Semester – July 8, 2020
- Cornell Hockey Update/Racker Rival Big Red – July 6, 2020
- Barron Named To Academic All-America At-Large Team – June 19, 2020
- Ivy League Enacts Commitment To Fight Racial Injustice – June 18, 2020
- 2020 Cornell University Athletics – Senior Awards – All Sports – May 27, 2020
- Men’s Hockey’s Kaldis Signs Two-Year AHL Pact – May 8, 2020
- Curlew Drafted to NWHL Expansion Team, Toronto – April 29, 2020
- Barron, Kaldis Garner All-America Honors – April 12, 2020
- 10 Big Red Players Earn All-Ivy Accolades– April 10, 2020
- Malott Signs Pro Deal With AHL’s Manitoba Moose – April 8, 2020
- Schafer ’86 Shares National Coach of the Year Honors – April 7, 2020
- Bourbonnais, Zandee-Hart Named to Canada’s World Championship Roster – March 31, 2020
- Women’s Ice Hockey Places Three on All-USCHO Teams – March 27, 2020
- The Red’s Barron – March 26, 2020
- Galajda Named Semifinalist For Mike Richter Award – March 25, 2020
- Derraugh Dubbed USCHO Coach of the Year – March 25, 2020
- Bourbonnais, Browning Tabbed All-America; Derraugh Named Coach of the Year – March 24, 2020
- Men’s Hockey Ranked #1 In Final USCHO poll – March 23, 2020
- Women’s Ice Hockey Tabbed #1 in Final USCHO Poll – March 23, 2020
- Men’s Hockey’s Barron Named ECAC Hockey Player of the Year – 3/20/2020
- Schafer ’86 Wins Record Fifth Coach of the Year Honor in ECAC Hockey – 3/19/2020
Thus ends the season for the Cornell men’s and women’s hockey teams with both finishing #1 in the nation. What a sad asterisk for the record books! Our heartfelt thanks to these student-athletes whose performance on and off the ice motivate us all and encourage younger players to emulate their heroes. The Lynah Faithful salute you and share your disappointment. We will see you again around the rinks!
The Cornell Hockey Association has designed the best winter scarf for a Cornell Hockey fan! Members receive one scarf as part of member benefits. Additional scarves may be purchased ($20 including shipping). Contact Sue Detzer. Look here to see how good you will look in this scarf!
The CHA wants everyone to wear RED to create a “C”-of-Red to support the Men’s Team for the final regular season weekend and celebration of our Seniors on Saturday night. Like the loyal Section B fans you see here, wearing Cornell colors is nothing new but can be all the more intimidating to the opposition when the entire rink is decked out in Cornell Red. Find a jersey, sweatshirt, hat, or scarf and wear it to the rink this weekend … and why not to every hockey game! If you need some new apparel, items will be for sale in the lobby before the game and bargains are to be had at the end of the season. LET’S GO RED
Test your recollection of Cornell players. Visit a gallery of hockey team picnic photos. How many do you recognize? Click Here
Forever Faithful makes a great gift for any Cornell Hockey Fan … Read More
The Cornell Hockey Association game-night flags are available free to a business owned by a Coach’s Circle member; any CHA member can purchase the flag for $50; non-members can purchase for $150. Contact Sue Detzer to purchase or get more information.
Do you hear yourself saying, “What did they just cheer?” Want to know! Here’s a page for all the Faithful … learn the cheers and how these evolved … Read More
Freshman Friday … interviews with our newest Cornell players by Brandon Thomas, Assistant Director for Communications at Cornell Athletics … Read More
Read, Off-the-Crossbar, a weekly column by Brandon Thomas providing readers with great insight into the current Men’s Hockey Program along with a good dose of “hockey history” to keep it all in perspective … Read More