The Cornell Hockey Association is a community and University organization established in 1961 as the Ithaca Hockey Boosters Association to promote and assist ice hockey at all levels in the greater Ithaca area. Now 59 years later, the CHA continues that mission supporting the activities of the Men’s Hockey Program at Cornell University.
If you have suggestions for the site, please contact us and help us improve your experience.
CHA dues and donations to support Cornell Hockey can now be paid on-line by credit card. Check our payment options here. If you pay membership dues and also make an on-line donation to support Cornell Men’s Hockey, your credit card will show two charges as the funds go to separate accounts. Note: If you plan to gift the Cornell Men’s Hockey Program in 2020, use a credit card, and need a receipt for tax purposes, please give now so your donation can be posted before year’s end and recognition sent to you before Dec. 31. Donations made in December with a credit card might not be fully processed until 2021 starts. However, if you send a check, you will get a receipt for tax purposes so long as the postmark is before 2021. We have had an excellent response from renewing members and thank everyone for their generosity and support!
Follow us on social media
YouTube Videos for Cornell Hockey
Cornell Hockey Updates
- Mike Teeter, Lifetime Member died Wednesday, February 17th, 2021. Read more here … And, this tribute by Brandon Thomas here …
- New Cornell Hockey Merchandise now available from PSP – shop here – February 12, 2021
- CHA Supports Men’s Hockey Team Apparel from Roots – February 11, 2021
- Coach Schafer and the IVY League – January 6, 2021
- A Note from Coach Schafer – December 2020
- Ivy League extends pause all winter athletic competition until at least March 1. Read more…
- Stuart Allen Grinnell, Lifetime Member died October 29th, 2020. Read more…
- Men’s Hockey Reveals Four Newcomers – October 6, 2020
- Alex Green signs with Tampa Bay Lightning – September 9, 2020
- Coach Schafer on the passing of John Hughes ’70 – August 18, 2020
- Colin Greening ’10 selected for induction into the Cornell University Class of 2020 Athletics Hall of Fame – August 17, 2020
- Barron Signs With New York Rangers – July 31, 2020
- Ivy League Outlines Intercollegiate Athletics Plans; No Competition In Fall Semester – July 8, 2020
Thus ends the season for the Cornell men’s and women’s hockey teams with both finishing #1 in the nation. What a sad asterisk for the record books! Our heartfelt thanks to these student-athletes whose performance on and off the ice motivate us all and encourage younger players to emulate their heroes. The Lynah Faithful salute you and share your disappointment. We will see you again around the rinks!
The Cornell Hockey Association has designed the best winter scarf for a Cornell Hockey fan! Members receive one scarf as part of member benefits. Additional scarves may be purchased ($20 including shipping). Contact Sue Detzer. Look here to see how good you will look in this scarf!
The CHA wants everyone to wear RED to create a “C”-of-Red to support the Men’s Team for the final regular season weekend and celebration of our Seniors on Saturday night. Like the loyal Section B fans you see here, wearing Cornell colors is nothing new but can be all the more intimidating to the opposition when the entire rink is decked out in Cornell Red. Find a jersey, sweatshirt, hat, or scarf and wear it to the rink this weekend … and why not to every hockey game! If you need some new apparel, items will be for sale in the lobby before the game and bargains are to be had at the end of the season. LET’S GO RED
Test your recollection of Cornell players. Visit a gallery of hockey team picnic photos. How many do you recognize? Click Here
Forever Faithful makes a great gift for any Cornell Hockey Fan … Read More
The Cornell Hockey Association game-night flags are available free to a business owned by a Coach’s Circle member; any CHA member can purchase the flag for $50; non-members can purchase for $150. Contact Sue Detzer to purchase or get more information.
Do you hear yourself saying, “What did they just cheer?” Want to know! Here’s a page for all the Faithful … learn the cheers and how these evolved … Read More
Freshman Friday … interviews with our newest Cornell players by Brandon Thomas, Assistant Director for Communications at Cornell Athletics … Read More
Read, Off-the-Crossbar, a weekly column by Brandon Thomas providing readers with great insight into the current Men’s Hockey Program along with a good dose of “hockey history” to keep it all in perspective … Read More