Coach’s Luncheon for this Friday is cancelled. Pursuant to Cornell policy developed to mitigate the spread of the coronavirus pandemic, any event with more than 100 persons should be cancelled. Our popular Friday luncheons meet this criteria and we will comply with University policy and cancel the luncheon. Regrets to all … stay safe and clean … wash your hands!
Additionally, with Harvard and Yale withdrawing from quarterfinal competition, the ECAC has announced that the top two seeds, Cornell and Clarkson, will have a bye in the quarterfinal round. This leaves Quinnipiac  vs. Princeton  and Rensselaer  vs. Colgate  to play for the other semifinal game. As far as we know today, the Championship Weekend in Lake Placid will still be played Friday and Saturday, March 20-21. Cornell  will play the number four seed at 4PM. The second semifinal is at 7:30PM. The Championship Final is Saturday, March 21 at 7:30PM.
More ECAC news:
• 3/4/2020 … Galajda, Schafer Annual Awards Highlight Men’s Hockey’s All-Ivy Honors
• 3/9/2020 … Bauld Named Finalist For ECAC Hockey Student-Athlete of the Year
• 3/10/2020 … Men’s Hockey’s Green Named Finalist For Annual Defensive Award
• 3/10/2020 … Malott Among Finalists For ECAC Hockey Best Defensive Forward Honor
• 3/11/2020 … Mitchell Named Finalist For ECAC Hockey Rookie of the Year
The Cornell Big Red Women’s Hockey Team is still scheduled to play Mercyhurst College on Saturday, March 14th at 2PM in Lynah Rink. NO FANS are allowed in the rink to comply with Cornell and NCAA coronavirus policies. Streaming coverage is available … Stretch Internet and on SideArm Sports.
- Friday 4pm, March 20, 2020 – ECACSF1, Cornell  vs. TBD, Herb Brooks Arena, Lake Placid, NY
- Friday 7:30pm, March 20, 2020 – ECACSF2, Clarkson  vs. TBD, Herb Brooks Arena, Lake Placid, NY
- Saturday 7:30pm, March 21, 2020 – ECAC-Final, TBD, Herb Brooks Arena, Lake Placid, NY
- Full Schedule/Results
- Saturday 2pm, March 14, 2020 – NCAA-QF: Cornell  vs. Mercyhurst, Lynah Rink, Ithaca, NY
- Full Schedule/Results
Extras for the Lynah Faithful
- Test your recollection of Cornell players. Visit a gallery of hockey team picnic photos. How many do you recognize?
- Read, Off-the-Crossbar, a weekly column by Brandon Thomas providing readers with great insight into the current Men’s Hockey Program along with a good dose of “hockey history” to keep it all in perspective … read more here
- Over the Goal Line, A Cornell Women’s Hockey Podcast produced by WIH forward, Finley Frechette ’21, and Christopher Morales ’20 (WVBR-FM) … This podcast is for everyone, including casual hockey fans, passionate supporters of Cornell Women’s Ice Hockey, and prospective students and recruits wanting to learn more about the program … read and listen more here
- Cornell Hockey Association scarves … available now … $20 includes shipping … contact Sue Detzer
CHA Board Meetings
- Meetings are Wednesday at 7 PM in the Harkness Room, Lynah Rink unless otherwise posted.
- Any member of the CHA can attend a board meeting! Have a suggestion? Come to a meeting!
- Next meeting … April 1st, 2020 (really)
Feel free to pass along these links to any and all fans and friends of Cornell Hockey
Want to support Cornell Hockey? … Join the Cornell Hockey Association here
If you have any difficulty accessing these links, please let me know.
LET’S GO RED
If you believe you have received this notice by mistake, or long longer want messages from the CHA, please contact us by return e-mail.