Meetings of the Cornell Hockey Association Executive Board are cancelled until further notice. We hope that everyone is keeping their distance, taking care of themselves and others, staying healthy or getting well as the case may be. I’ve updated our webpage with some additional hockey news items from both Men’s and Women’s Hockey. You will be particularly interested in Brandon Thomas’ latest post on Morgan Barron.
Sunday noon, March 29th is the final day to vote for the 2020 Hobey Baker Award … cast your vote for Morgan Barron here
Here is an email message from Cornell’s President Martha Pollack with updates on University events.
Message from President Pollack on Cornell Reunion Changes
… Read Coach Schafer’s most recent game notes and comments here
Cornell Hockey news:
- Women’s Ice Hockey Places Three on All-USCHO Teams – March 27, 2020
- The Red’s Barron – March 26, 2020
- Galajda Named Semifinalist For Mike Richter Award – March 25, 2020
- Derraugh Dubbed USCHO Coach of the Year – March 25, 2020
- Bourbonnais, Browning Tabbed All-America; Derraugh Named Coach of the Year – March 24, 2020
- Men’s Hockey Ranked #1 In Final USCHO poll – March 23, 2020
- Women’s Ice Hockey Tabbed #1 in Final USCHO Poll – March 23, 2020
- Men’s Hockey’s Barron Named ECAC Hockey Player of the Year – 3/20/2020
- Schafer ’86 Wins Record Fifth Coach of the Year Honor in ECAC Hockey – 3/19/2020
- Men’s Hockey’s Green Tabbed ECAC Hockey Best Defensive Defenseman – 3/18/2020
- Barron Among 10 Finalists For Hobey Baker Memorial Award – 3/18/2020
- Four Men’s Hockey Players Garner All-ECAC Hockey Honors – 3/17/2020
Extras for the Lynah Faithful
- Test your recollection of Cornell players. Visit a gallery of hockey team picnic photos. How many do you recognize?
- Read, Off-the-Crossbar, a weekly column by Brandon Thomas providing readers with great insight into the current Men’s Hockey Program along with a good dose of “hockey history” to keep it all in perspective … read more here
- Over the Goal Line, A Cornell Women’s Hockey Podcast produced by WIH forward, Finley Frechette ’21, and Christopher Morales ’20 (WVBR-FM) … This podcast is for everyone, including casual hockey fans, passionate supporters of Cornell Women’s Ice Hockey, and prospective students and recruits wanting to learn more about the program … read and listen more here
- Cornell Hockey Association scarves … available now … $20 includes shipping … contact Sue Detzer
CHA Board Meetings
- Meetings are Wednesday at 7 PM in the Harkness Room, Lynah Rink unless otherwise posted.
- Any member of the CHA can attend a board meeting! Have a suggestion? Come to a meeting!
- Next meeting … stay tuned, stay safe, stay well.
Feel free to pass along these links to any and all fans and friends of Cornell Hockey
Want to support Cornell Hockey? … Join the Cornell Hockey Association here
If you have any difficulty accessing these links, please let me know.
LET’S GO RED
If you believe you have received this notice by mistake, or long longer want messages from the CHA, please contact us by return e-mail.