Meetings of the Cornell Hockey Association Executive Board are cancelled until further notice. We hope that everyone is keeping their distance, taking care of themselves and others, staying healthy or getting well as the case may be. I’ve updated our webpage with some additional hockey news items from both Men’s and Women’s Hockey.
Town Hall Meeting with Coach Schafer on ZOOM!
In case you did not receive an e-mail from Coach Schafer … Join Big Red Hockey’s five-time ECAC Coach of the Year, Mike Schafer for a virtual town hall via Zoom, this Thursday, April 2, at 7:00 PM EST. Read more here …
As all close to the Big Red well know, the team finished their season atop the final USCHO poll but were denied the opportunity to pursue the school’s third NCAA title due to the evolving COVID-19 public health threat.
Coach Schafer will offer some insight into the 2020 season, have a conversation with senior captains, Yanni Kaldis and Jeff Malott, and offer some prognostication for what to expect in 2021. Spoiler alert…the future is bright! We’ll do our best to field questions as well.
New Podcast from Cornell Athletics
For over 150 years, Cornell student-athletes have shown an unwavering dedication to mind, body, and community. A university founded on the visionary philosophy of any person, any study also offers nearly every sport. These 37 athletic programs don’t simply produce wins and championships, they produce excellence. Read more here …
… Read Coach Schafer’s game notes and comments here
Cornell Hockey news:
- Men’s Hockey’s Schafer ’86 Tabbed Finalist For Spencer Penrose Award – March 31, 2020
- Galajda Selected One of Five Mike Richter Award Finalists – March 31, 2020
- Bourbonnais, Zandee-Hart Named to Canada’s World Championship Roster – March 31, 2020
- Women’s Ice Hockey Places Three on All-USCHO Teams – March 27, 2020
- The Red’s Barron – March 26, 2020
- Galajda Named Semifinalist For Mike Richter Award – March 25, 2020
- Derraugh Dubbed USCHO Coach of the Year – March 25, 2020
- Bourbonnais, Browning Tabbed All-America; Derraugh Named Coach of the Year – March 24, 2020
- Men’s Hockey Ranked #1 In Final USCHO poll – March 23, 2020
- Women’s Ice Hockey Tabbed #1 in Final USCHO Poll – March 23, 2020
- Men’s Hockey’s Barron Named ECAC Hockey Player of the Year – 3/20/2020
- Schafer ’86 Wins Record Fifth Coach of the Year Honor in ECAC Hockey – 3/19/2020
- Men’s Hockey’s Green Tabbed ECAC Hockey Best Defensive Defenseman – 3/18/2020
- Barron Among 10 Finalists For Hobey Baker Memorial Award – 3/18/2020
- Four Men’s Hockey Players Garner All-ECAC Hockey Honors – 3/17/2020
Extras for the Lynah Faithful
- Test your recollection of Cornell players. Visit a gallery of hockey team picnic photos. How many do you recognize?
- Read, Off-the-Crossbar, a weekly column by Brandon Thomas providing readers with great insight into the current Men’s Hockey Program along with a good dose of “hockey history” to keep it all in perspective … read more here
- Over the Goal Line, A Cornell Women’s Hockey Podcast produced by WIH forward, Finley Frechette ’21, and Christopher Morales ’20 (WVBR-FM) … This podcast is for everyone, including casual hockey fans, passionate supporters of Cornell Women’s Ice Hockey, and prospective students and recruits wanting to learn more about the program … read and listen more here
- Cornell Hockey Association scarves … available now … $20 includes shipping … contact Sue Detzer
CHA Board Meetings
- Meetings are Wednesday at 7 PM in the Harkness Room, Lynah Rink unless otherwise posted.
- Any member of the CHA can attend a board meeting! Have a suggestion? Come to a meeting!
- Next meeting … stay tuned, stay safe, stay well.
Feel free to pass along these links to any and all fans and friends of Cornell Hockey
Want to support Cornell Hockey? … Join the Cornell Hockey Association here
If you have any difficulty accessing these links, please let me know.
LET’S GO RED
If you believe you have received this notice by mistake, or long longer want messages from the CHA, please contact us by return e-mail.